Random thoughts etc....Part Deux

Seeing as I am still too lazy to do an actual full length post, here's a bullet list of more random thoughts for you to enjoy. And yes, I know that by YOU, I mean ME. Anyways-
  • Some years past (when I was a fledgling hindi movie addict)- I bet if Yoda was an earthling, he'd be indian. Indian english has backward phrases like "time pass vs pass time" and shortened sentences like "I just wanted to wish you [a happy birthday]" (I swear, I know more but for some reason can't think of any right now. Besides, you know what I mean....right?)                                                                                                                                                            
  • Some months past- Idiot! (that's me), Yoddha is hindi for Warrior. *face-palm*
     
  •  Dostana is fun, all-out cheese. It does start to get old 4th time around though....I am still quite disappointed with Vishal-Shekar's rip-off of Stevie Wonder's "I just called to say I love you" (at least I think that's what its called, too lazy to google)....Totally didn't expect that from them.....Oh, wait. Were they referencing Maine Pyar Kiya?....Yes, with the carousel and all, that must be it!.....I have decided, that IS it!....Dostana's AWESOME again. 
  •  
    • Indian cinema, I love you, but there's something seriously wrong with this blond-haired, blue-eyed obsession. Thank goodness you're slowly weaning off; the faster, the better. 
    •  
      ...I conclude that Ranbir (Kapoor) inherited Rishi's forehead.
      • Ever since I watched guddi, I keep seeing Jaya's eyes on(/in?) Abhishek's face....speaking of which, I noticed that with his hair down, Ranbir kapoor is all neetu Singh's. With his hair up and away from his forehead however, he tends to look a little more like his father. I conclude that Ranbir inherited Rishi's forehead (plus or minus his lips). Agree? 
      •  
        • You know what I love most about watching old hindi movies? It's discovering a song that I have heard oh so many times during interviews, award shows, reality shows, contemporary films and such others. This is a song whose movie of origin I am either totally unaware of, or yet to see. Happening on such a song, I swear, fills me with the same amount of joy as say winning the lottery or catching a fish. Hence, watching purani hindi movies have now been christened "Go-fish Time".   
        •  
          •  So I watched Dev. D a second time and felt like my first viewing had only been dreamed. By God, there were so many things I missed and I bet there's even more to be discovered on future repeats.
          •  
            • ('Thought' during kaminey promotions) Its nice to see a much more confident Shahid (Kapoor). He's so talkative now [plus super hott!!]
            •  
              • (Also a while back) I just discovered the show "On the couch with Koel". Just in time too, my KWK withdrawal had reached severe levels (Thank God K-Jo has finally announced season 3).
              Did Koel Purie really just ask Bappi Lahri if he met the Beatles as a group?
              • Koel needs to let her guests finish their sentences. She does have a good talk show host personality, though she can be quite ditzy. Did Koel Purie really just ask Bappi Lahri if he met the Beatles as a group? (Bappi had mentioned meeting Paul McCartney recently, key word being recent)
              • Is there an episode list for this show anywhere, I need to know if I just powered through the entire season... 
              •  
                • (About the same time) Tere mere beach mein, I heart you. Now only if you came with subtitles.
                • Farah Khan, I hate you. How can you [always] make me laugh and cry at the same time?
                • From this episode, I am almost definite that Genelia is crushing on Shahid. What was with that vehement denial of bhai-behn-ness, eh Genelia?
                •  
                  •  (A long while back, while trying to explain Slumdog Millionaire to non-indian, non-fans-of-indian-cinema, friends. Note: This conversation may be imaginary in part or whole, you decide)


                                                                                                                                                                Me: It's a nice movie but it is not an indian movie.                                   Them: What do you mean? It is set is India, the cast is Indian. They speak in hindi.                                                                                                      : Yes, but the production team isn't. Neither is the production house. More importantly Slumdog just lacks... the right kind of josh you feel with indian movies.                                                                                               : What's josh?                                                                                     : Em...its er...passion is the closest english translation I can come up with (No, I don't at all sound pretentious).                                                       : Okay...                                                                                             : It's just that with indian movies you can feel the passion permeating through from behind the camera (What? you know am obsessed/addicted/both! and its true!)                                                                                                 : Yeah...right...um, we've got to go now.                                                 : The agony! How do I make understand! *Hands on forehead and heart respectively*
                  To be Continued....
                  Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
                  0 Responses

                  " Yay or Nay? "