Lost and Found

The first time I saw Rab ne, I watched it without subtitles. Now, my hindi is not quite to the point where I can translate each scene line for line, so i was able to convince myself that Tanni must have recognised her husband (or at least the semblance) at some point before the climax. I (as well as the rest of the world) just happened to blink and miss it. Re-watching it with subtitles, I kept looking for that missing scene. Unable to find it, I decided to insert it myself.


Dinner scene after the gol guppa eating contest-

rab ne bana di jodi



srk Surinder: Raj? Who is Raj?
Tanni: Oh, I forgot to tell you about him!...yada yada yada... Now that I think about it, he does look like you somewhat....

rab ne Surinder: (Hand freezes midway to mouth) He does?
Tanni: Yes. Except he doesn't have a moustache or wear glasses. And he's really obnoxious.
Surinder: Oh. Interesting...







There, much better.

Of course, there are still other issues with the story but this, at least, keeps me from hissing at the screen and screaming "Po...Po, ra"* every five minutes.

On the aside, I also re-watched Om Shanti Om. I just had to reaffirm Arjun's awesomeness after watching the likes of Deewanapan and....that movie with preity and the ventriloquist, I forget the name. I have to say though, I don't think Shreyas Talpade was giving enough credit for holding his own opposite SRK. I think he did an excellent job.

And yes, I still loved OSO, third time around!


* I've been watching lots of South films, recently, with this strike going on.

Screencaps gotten from asianoutlook.com

0 Responses

" Yay or Nay? "