Delayed Cognition

Warning: Reading this post may or may not cause offensive line(s) of thought (Yes, this is where I insert the "too much information" disclaimer).


Okay, so I am convinced I've got a health condition. Not life threatening or anything. Just mildly amusing.



Exhibit A: Friend says mumble mumble mumble (that's more me not paying attention)
What?
Haha, never mind
3 mins later- Oh, you said such and such. So and so is why you are wrong.
Boo, how do you do that every time?


Exhibit B: Back in the day when I was transportation-challenged. Was out of food and had a friend take me grocery shopping. I'm super hungry when we get back, pop a beef frank in the microwave and eat it off a fork.
Friend: *gives me weird look*
me: What, I'm hungry!
Yeah, why don't you eat that with a bun or something.
I don't want to, plus that'll take too long.
Walks away looking uncomfortable.
To myself: What was that about?!

A year-and-a-half later (I kid you not). Just another ordinary day, while doing the dishes-
Oh my God, that's what he....
He really meant...
Lord, that makes so much sense now.
Face-palm or more like body-underneath bed.


Exhibit C: So a couple of years ago, after I got into professional school, I was required to get a complete physical exam to make sure I was not spending money on tuition when I could be living up my last days on earth. The health verification form addressed to the physician said something to the effect of "..pap smear included if deemed necessary". ...to make sure I was not spending money on tuition when I could be living up my last days on earth. Now, I am a pretty paranoid person but I see Pap smear and I think "Yay, I get to rule out cervical cancer as  one of the things am currently dieing of". I was not too familiar with the procedure at the time, had a general idea of what was involved. However, I don't know if it was stereotyping on the Doc's part (black, 18-yr old female) or if they just had  poor patient education practices, but know one bothered to screen me or educate me further. All the nurse said was "you  may hurt for a while and there'll be some bleeding, wear a pad."

Again, about a year later, alone in my apartment-
Oh wait...
Cervical cancer, the cervix is between the...,
What exactly does the pap smear...
Oh....
That means I'm not a...
Well, technically, I still am a...
Or is that technically I am no longer a...
I guess it isn't really that big a deal....
Or is it?


Enhanced by Zemanta
0 Responses

" Yay or Nay? "