Company- Musings & Rants

Okay, so I finally watched Company. While it didn't have me raving, I quite enjoyed the movie. Here are some of my thoughts during (but not necessarily about) the movie-



finally watching company- um, filmfare, chandu/vivek does not seem like a supporting character to me.....Sun Apr 18 00:59:26 via web

Chalo, he'll have been up against Aamir Khan that year so I guess an award for the wrong category is better than losing for the right oneSun Apr 18 01:04:14 via web



Also-
  • I quite like Manisha Koirala's hair in this movie 
  • Eeeek! It's Mohan Lal! 
  • Seema Biswas does not seem to age (She looked exactly the same in Striker, I think)
  • Hmm, I see the beginnings of Maya's "snarl" in Shootout at Lokhandwala 
  • Wish RGV left the News-Channel thingy to its feature in this movie, thought it was fascinatingly used. Still can't get past the opening scenes of Rann to watch the whole movie. So unnecessarily melodramatic. Guess he couldn't resist merging two of his favorite pastimes- Horror movies & the Media.
Anyways, this post is actually more about my movie watching experience. Now don't judge me but I watch a lot of my movies on youtube(I do netflix too okay!). There are a lot of good, DVD-quality, english-subtitled movies to be found. The best part of youtube watching is that it is entirely possible to watch a 2-hour film in about 30 minutes and not miss a thing. This works great for those movies that you realise are a waste of your time ten-minutes in, but you are reluctant to discontinue because you are feeling benevolent and hope for the movie's redemption. It is quite fun actually. Works something like-
"This movie is stupid"....skip forward 10 mins....."There's hope"......"Nope, still stupid".....skip forward 20 mins......"Haha, that's funny"....."What happens now?"........"I can't believe am watching this"......skip 40mins...."Wait, What happened?"....go back 5mins...."Oh, never mind"......skip forward 15mins....
-you get the idea, much easier than the rewind/forward option on your DVD. Plus since there are no theatre showings of indian movies around me, youtube's useful at letting me know exactly what I'm getting into when I buy a DVD.

The downside to youtube, of course, is that these movies often get deleted due to copyright claims. Now I have no issue with copyright claims as such. No, what really gets me is that these "copyright claimers" seem to get their panties in a bunch mostly over the english subtitled videos. Believe me, I've checked. For the most part, their non-subtitled counterparts tend to stay up much longer, if they're even deleted at all.  What's even more irritating is that Mr. Big Corp. has recently developed some rather annoying tactics.

youtube
eros











Reblog this post [with Zemanta]Aaah, I feel much better now.



0 Responses

" Yay or Nay? "